2014 Ford Mustang brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Mustang:

2014 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 202016

Mustang 6-cyl

Driving he car at about 40mph mostly in traffic I lost completely the throttle and I can't accelerate and show the wrench light in the cluster. I have to completely stop put the car in park turn off and wait a few minutes and the car will work again for a few hours some time days with out problem but this happen with out any warning. When I get the car to the repair shop I found the dtc P2111. I did a PCM reprogram with the latest calibration files from the motorcraft service web site. But I still have the problem, Y wondering that some day I will cause a accident to me and some body else. I hope somebody take consideration of this problem in my car and a lot more that I was reading in the Ford forum. As I know I'm not the only one with this kind of problem in Ford vehicles. Thank you very much

- Homestead, FL, USA

Aug 122015

After making a right turn and attempting to accelerate into traffic, the car's advancetrac light flashed at about 40mph and the car began losing power and applying the brakes without reason. The advancetrac light continued to flash and the brakes and throttle continued to modulate as if the car were sliding on ice. This had happened before and once it has started will not stop until the car is stopped and placed into park. I drove approximately 1/2 mile with this issue occurring until I could safely pull over. This has now occurred 4 times in 23000 miles. Each time the same circumstances. A turn from a start and moderate acceleration and the issue begins between 30-40mph and lasts until the car is stopped and shifted to park.

- Harrisburg, NC, USA