8.6

2014 Ford Mustang brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Mustang:

2014 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jun 302015

Mustang

Takata recall has been almost 2 years and no recall fix or result of a solution as of yet please get your act together and get it done lives depend on this issue asap semper fi usmc and law enforcement professional air bags and breaks please for free thank you

- Bronx, NY, USA

May 062015

Mustang 8-cyl

My vehicle and the subject of this complaint is a 2014 Ford Mustang GT. The date of the incident is approximate as is the vehicle mileage. I was traveling northbound on N brooks St. In brazoria tx. I was in a school zone and my speed was 25 mph. I approached an intersection controlled by a blinking red light and applied my brakes to bring my vehicle to a stop. My vehicle did not come to a complete stop but continued across the intersection in what I can describe as a slow jerking motion. I took my vehicle to gulf coast Ford in angleton tx on 5/12/15 and spoke to the service manager. He did not know what the problem could be and said he would do some further checking and call me back. He has not contacted me. I placed a phone call to him today 5/15/15 and was told he had a guest in his office and would return my call. He has not returned my call this is the first time an incident like this has happened.

- Brazoria , TX, USA

Jul 222014

Mustang 6-cyl

When brakes were applied to disengage cruise control, brakes acted as if they had lost power, and cruise control failed to disengage. This has subsequently occurred four more times, most recently in early October.

- Louisville, CO, USA

Oct 022014

Mustang 6-cyl

I had a blow out the vehicle accelerated and I could not stop it I ended up hitting a curb which actually stopped the vehicle and the tire rod was broke the steering was out the suspension was out the complete brake system was out I was thankful that my child to just be bruised because there was a hole on side of tire bigger than 1/2 dollar. I was told the tires would not blow out (at dealer ship) and paid extra when I bought the car for the protection. I called Ford customer service regarding the damage the vehicle occurred just because of a blow out. The woman was extremely rude and said you shouldn't have hit a curb any experience drivers out here knows if you hit a curb it does not cause this damage and I am thankful for my insurance as they are looking into the vehicle as serious defects. I was told that the damage to this vehicle happened at the time of this so called blow out and that is why I had no control over the vehicle so I truly believe that when the damage occurred to the driver side back tire was the result of maybe a rod hitting the back tire causing the blow out because I have driven a vehicle for over 35 years and never had this much damage nor this much problem due to a blow out. No warning lights appeared on my vehicle until I got stopped not even low pressure tire...when the steering went out it felt like I was trying to drive a car with the keys off, the steering wheel froze.... at this time I still do not know all the damage as this was just visual inspection from the people who are attempting to fix my new car...I do blame Ford for this as this was unusual as I did not have an accident yet the car looks like it has been in a head in collision.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jan 012014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds and engaging the brakes, the vehicle failed respond quickly to the brakes. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician stated that the vehicle was functioning up to standards. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 500 and the current mileage was 3,500.

- Marino Valley , CA, USA