2014 Ford Mustang electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Mustang:

2014 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Aug 182016

On 8/18/16, I was driving on Maryland state route 198, at about 40 mph, when the car began to lurch forward, stop, lurch forward as I came through a roundabout. I pulled over to the shoulder. I turned the car off, restarted the car, and while on the shoulder, I pressed the gas pedal, and again the car lurched forward twice and then stopped. Wrench light was lit up on dashboard (it wasn't lit moments before) and when I looked at the manual it said the car had defaulted to "limp to home" and I should see the dealer. I was more than 40 miles from home and called aaa. If this had occurred 10 minutes later, I would have been driving 55 mph on interstate 295 S and would have been in danger because that road has no shoulder. This car behavior mimicked what I experienced Oct. 6, 2015 (lurching, dashboard lights looking like a disco ball), when the dealer had to replace the throttle assembly (service date Oct. 7, 2015). However, the dealer is now telling me it is a transmission problem with the car showing tft sensor, P0710, P0713 code readings. This is the third major repair. On 11/23/12, the dealer replaced the instrument cluster, after I experienced an issue thanksgiving day with all dashboard lights looking like a disco ball and could not read the speedometer to know how fast I was driving while in baltimore on interstate 695. The car is 4 years old and has about 61,000 miles on it. I believe all three incidents represent safety issues. I did not know you could file a complaint until I began researching after this latest incident, and so include the the other two in this report.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Feb 162015

This is the second time this has happened. Upon starting the car, the motor revs uncontrolled to about 7000 rpms. I have to turn ignition off to stop the motor from damaging its self. If my foot was to ever slip off the clutch, we would race uncontrolled in reverse! the car is always parked and started while in reverse. Almost afraid to start this car.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Nov 052014

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact mentioned that the heat that emitted through the vents was above normal temperature burning the contact right hand fingers and wrist. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 500.

- Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA

Jul 172014

Mustang 6-cyl

2014 Ford Mustang. Consumer writes in regards to engine problems. The consumer stated she heard a ticking sound, after driving for 15 minutes. The dealer stated the entire long block needed to be replaced. After the long block was replaced, the engine light started flashing, and the engine was revving higher than normal. The vehicle accelerating by itself in gear and there were pressure issues with the brake pedal. The dealer was unable to replicate the consumers concern. The next time the consumer returned to the dealer, the ignition was replaced. The RPM's continued to rev, idle was very rough, even with the ac off. The ticking noise was still present, and the brake pedal was hard to the touch.

- Tampa, FL, USA