2014 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Mustang:

2014 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 7 of 9)

Jun 042015

Mustang

"takata recall". Ford refuses to fix, replace or buy-back my 2014 Mustang after 6 months of making payments and being unable to use the vehicle for its intended purposes. In a conversation with the dealer, they said to call Ford and I did today only to be told, in spite of federal law. They won't help. Can you?

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jul 132015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and the dealer was unable to supply the part from the manufacturer. The contact was unable to determine when the recall repair would be completed. The manufacturer indicated that the parts might not be available until mid April of 2016. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Dec 152015

Mustang

Takata recall notice received July 2015.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Mustang

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Little Falls, NY, USA

Mar 012014

Mustang

Takata recall - the dealer has no parts to fix my car. The recall has been in effect for over a year now. This is a known issue that can kill someone if the air bags inflate. If I cannot get my car repaired then why can't the dealership be forced to replace it or buy it back" what is my recourse? the U.S. goverment collected millions in fines from takata. Where is the justice for the consumer"

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jan 072015

Mustang 8-cyl

Takata inflators was notified by Ford in July of 2015 that car was to be recalled when I contacted Ford yesterday, they said they don't know when they will fix the car...maybe in July of 2016 this is dangerous and unacceptable what is being done to protect me and getting this recall done?

- Greenlawn, NY, USA

Nov 302015

Mustang

I was in a car wreck recently and my 2014 Ford Mustang was totaled and my airbags did not go off. I could have been seriously injured concidering what happened with my car.

- San Jose, CA, USA

- Rego Park, NY, USA

Dec 012015

Mustang

An unreasonable amount of time has passed since the notice of the takata airbag recall (15S21). I feel unsafe driving my Mustang knowing that possible shrapnel can strike me in the event the air bag is deployed, possibly causing injury or death! I do wish that Ford would stop waiting for a full inventory of replacements parts and start replacing what they can as parts become available. This is a serious issue which I feel Ford is not treating very seriously. They are doing nothing to make their customers safe in the meantime.

- Calgary, Alberta, Canada T3m1g, MT, USA

May 272015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hypoluxo, FL, USA

May 282015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Jul 142015

Mustang

Takata recall: TL* the contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ventura, CA, USA

Jul 152015

Mustang 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact the air bag light illuminated. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 1/20/16 ln updated 02/05/16 updated 02/16/16

- Crossville, TN, USA

Jul 152015

Mustang

I received a letter detailing "safety recall notice 15S21 / NHTSA recall 15V-319" in July 2015. The letter stated that I would be receiving another letter/notice, when parts are available to fix the problem. To date 11/13/15 I have received nothing from Ford and have called fmc na several times, with no results. This is B.S and may prevent me from purchasing another Ford product. I guess that someone has to be injured and then sue Ford before they decide to do anything about this issue.

- Annapolis,, MD, USA

Nov 062015

Mustang

Ford dealer will not trade car in for 2016 Ford Mustang because of the air bag recall parts.. the dealer says that the car is $5000 to $6000 off of the wholesale price because of the recall..he also stated that he has 50. Or more car in the back that he cant sale due to the safety recall.. why do I have to suffer this because of Ford recall."?" I have to drive a car with 5500 miles on it that could kill me and cant trade up to get a safe car

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 272015

Mustang

On July 27, 2015, we received a recall notice from Ford Motor Company that our vehicle has a recall regarding the front driver side airbag which could rupture and lead to serious injury or death. It states we will get a letter when the replacement parts are available. We have been waiting for several months and have called the dealer several times to find out why they are not fixing this in a timely fashion. We called on 7-28-15, 10-3-15 and 11-4-15 as well as E-mailed the corporate office to try and get answers. We don't feel safe driving our car and want them to buy it back at what we owe on it since they are not working at getting it fixed in a timely manner.

- Acworth, GA, USA

May 042015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Mustang. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unknown. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

May 282015

- Mount Sinai, NY, USA

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Jan 012015

Mustang

The car contains a defective takata air bag, for which a recall has been issued. Several months ago I received a letter from Ford stating the airbag must be replaced. I contacted the Ford dealer where I purchased the car, and they told me they had no idea when the airbag could be replaced. I asked if they would give me a special deal in trading up to a 2015 Mustang that doesn't have the airbag problem. They said no. I also contacted Ford hq who indicated I basically have two options at this time: Not driving the car (which has only 3100 miles on it) or drive it at the risk of being killed if the air bag explodes. Do I have any other recourse?

- Westerville, OH, USA