7.9

2014 Ford Mustang steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Mustang:

2014 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Apr 242016

Mustang

Vehicle had an immediate loss of power steering when making a right hand turn. Vehicle continued to have no power steering for two blocks. Made it to my driveway turned the car off, restarted and then all was okay. Does not explain the sudden loss of power steering. Luckily I was in my residential neighborhood at 35mph

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Oct 022014

Mustang 6-cyl

I had a blow out the vehicle accelerated and I could not stop it I ended up hitting a curb which actually stopped the vehicle and the tire rod was broke the steering was out the suspension was out the complete brake system was out I was thankful that my child to just be bruised because there was a hole on side of tire bigger than 1/2 dollar. I was told the tires would not blow out (at dealer ship) and paid extra when I bought the car for the protection. I called Ford customer service regarding the damage the vehicle occurred just because of a blow out. The woman was extremely rude and said you shouldn't have hit a curb any experience drivers out here knows if you hit a curb it does not cause this damage and I am thankful for my insurance as they are looking into the vehicle as serious defects. I was told that the damage to this vehicle happened at the time of this so called blow out and that is why I had no control over the vehicle so I truly believe that when the damage occurred to the driver side back tire was the result of maybe a rod hitting the back tire causing the blow out because I have driven a vehicle for over 35 years and never had this much damage nor this much problem due to a blow out. No warning lights appeared on my vehicle until I got stopped not even low pressure tire...when the steering went out it felt like I was trying to drive a car with the keys off, the steering wheel froze.... at this time I still do not know all the damage as this was just visual inspection from the people who are attempting to fix my new car...I do blame Ford for this as this was unusual as I did not have an accident yet the car looks like it has been in a head in collision.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 132013

Mustang

I've had two situations within a two weeks span of each other. Both times I lost steering power while in the parking lot, and a steering power error crossed the information board on the dash. The first time I was pulling out of my parking spot in 1st gear and the steering stopped working. The second time I was pulling in to a parking spot and lost power while turning into a parking space. I own a 2014 Ford 5.0 Mustang GT with a manual transmission and the car was still running when power to the steering wheel was lost. I had to turn the car off and restart to get the power steering to kick back in. This made the car hard to turn out of no where without any warning. I could've hit another car in the process had I not brake in time. There is a without a doubt a problem with the power steering system.

- Newport News , VA, USA

Jun 302013

Mustang

I was driving a 2014 Ford Mustang convertible from the long beach airport (rental) and lost steering on the freeway at about 60 mph. I was in the far right lane and as I approached full speed, the car began to veer into the lane to the left of me. As I tried to correct, there was a delayed response by the steering mechanism by about 3-4 seconds. The car then veered back right, and again, another delayed response. I was veering widely between the width of two lanes while this was occurring. This continued for about a minute until I was able to slow down and exit the freeway.

- Lafayette, CA, USA