8.0

1995 Ford Ranger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Ranger:

1995 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jul 222009

Ranger

Just wonderful - fortunately I was in a parking lot when this happened.

Pulled out of my parking spot, shifted into first gear, and suddenly... no gas pedal! It was there just a moment ago! I shuffled my foot around and felt nothing. Looked down - brake, clutch, parking brake, what the heck! Then, there, laying against the floor on its side - my gas pedal, still attached to the bracket.

I didn't hear anything break, didn't see any bolts or other attaching hardware, it just decided to retire, apparently.

If I'd been on the freeway - or, given it was just before six and busy everywhere, on any of the local roads with people coming home, I'd have been a traffic jam at least, an accident at worst.

Who came up with this design? Wasn't this while they were saying "Quality is job one?" Sure doesn't look like it!

- , Sorrento, FL, USA