- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
2004 Ford Ranger
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2004 Ranger Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 34
- transmission problems9NHTSA complaints: 12
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 16
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 22
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 16
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 15
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 8
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Ranger Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Ranger compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Ranger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ranger.