- May 27: Ford Recalls 443,000 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Cars
- May 26: Ford Edge Investigated After 22-Inch Alloy Wheel Breaks
- May 13: Ford Recalls 2015 Ford F-150 Trucks To Fix Loss of Steering
- May 4: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Brake Hose Failures Investigated
- May 1: Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems Turn Into Huge Recall
2004 Ford Ranger
Worst 2004 Ranger engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine is misfiring4
- crankshaft pulley failure3
- crankshaft pulley worn out1
- emergency fuel shut off while driving1
- engine failure1
- timing chain guide faulty1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control11
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Ranger Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Ranger compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Ranger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ranger.