- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2004 Ford Ranger
Worst 2004 Ranger engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine is misfiring4
- crankshaft pulley failure3
- crankshaft pulley worn out1
- emergency fuel shut off while driving1
- engine failure1
- timing chain guide faulty1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control11
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Ranger Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Ranger compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Ranger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ranger.