- November 26: Ford Recalls 150,000 Escapes That Could Go Up in Flames
- November 23: Ford Recalls Focus Electric Car For Transmission Software Problems
- October 27: Ford Recalls Cars With Silent Door Chimes
- September 30: Drive a Ford F-250? Better Lock the Doors
- September 11: Ford Focus Electric Cars Target of Federal Investigation
2004 Ford Ranger
Worst 2004 Ranger engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- crankshaft pulley failure3
- engine is misfiring2
- crankshaft pulley worn out1
- emergency fuel shut off while driving1
- engine failure1
- timing chain guide faulty1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control12
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling10
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Ranger Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Ranger compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Ranger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ranger.