- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
- January 15: Ford Recalls Edge (Again): Gas Leak Could Cause Fire
- January 14: Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over MyFord Touch Complaints
- January 3: The Worst Cars and Car Problems of 2013
- December 30: Ford Recalls Lincoln MKZ Hybrid For Roll Away Risk
- December 23: The Safest Cars to Drive in 2014
2004 Ford Ranger
Worst 2004 Ranger engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine is misfiring4
- crankshaft pulley failure3
- crankshaft pulley worn out1
- emergency fuel shut off while driving1
- engine failure1
- timing chain guide faulty1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control12
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling10
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Ranger Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Ranger compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Ranger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ranger.