6.7

2. replace fuse or wd-40 door latches (1 reports)
1999 Ford Ranger accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Ranger:

1999 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Nov 012001

Ranger XLT 3.0L V6

I have had this problem with the dom light with in a week after I bout the used truck. It was on a couple of yrs old. Well after it left me high and dry a couple of times I just pulled the fuse. but by pulling the fuse you also loos your 4 wheel drive. Living in Col. I kinda need that. That was a seriouse pain in the but. Well my friend who use to work for Ford and GMC told me to take the WD 40 and just soak the latch on both doors. That helped and now my door ajar is not staying on very much and the light does not always stay on. In order to really get in the door and spray everything down I have to take off the paneling. I'm too chicken sh*t to ddo that. Fraid I won't get the darn thing back on again.

- , Montrose, CO, USA

Mar 192004

Ranger

How hard does one have to slam all doors to get that dang light to stay off? When is a door a jar? When the light comes on and stays on then goes off eventually then comes back on...

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA

Aug 062006

Ranger XLT 3.0L Flex

So my dome light stays on continuously to the point where I had to take the light bulbs out because it was running my battery low. this started happening in the summer and then all the time. I tried to change bulbs, fuses but still nothing has worked. I had to go buy little tap on lights for it so I can see at night.

anyone know what to do with this

- , Stanwood, WA, USA