3.6

1999 Ford Ranger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Ranger:

1999 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jul 102008

Ranger

In July 2008 engine light came on with code PO442. Put new gas cap on and light was off until Sept 2008 when it came on again with the same code. I cleared the code and the light came on again Oct 2008 with code PO455. I crawled under the truck and discovered the (fuel filler) tube is rusted out. Fuel leaks on ground when filling tank and the automatic nozzle shuts off. I believe this is a safety hazard. John

- Bloomville, OH, USA

Sep 121999

Ranger

Engine check light(PO455 code) came on 5 times since new, problem in fuel system and no vacumn being able to be detected by the onboard computer system in fuel system (leaking vapors?), problem not corrected to date, attempting to track down problem (fuel tank changed, canister purge valve changed, problem persists).

- Huntingdon, PA, USA