5.3

2000 Ford Ranger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Ranger:

2000 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Sep 152007

Ranger XLT 4.0L V6

I bought the truck used. The wipers have been doing this since a couple of days after I got it. It's not something that happens every day. But, when it does decide to do it, it will happen 3-4 times a day. It is very random, in the sense that I don't really have to be using the turn signal or anything to trigger it. I usually get it to stop by just turning the wipers all the way on and wiggling the lever a little. I'm pretty sure it is due to some kind of short in the switch. I call it the "Poltergeist Wipers". It has become more of a little joke than serious problem.

- , West Monroe, LA, USA

Nov 132006

Ranger 3.0 V6

This started a an infrequent attention getter just after I purchased it . It has progressed to a much worse situation. My wife came very close to having an accident while she was driving the Ranger. She was on packed snow and while negotiating a corner, the wiper turned on.... she just missed hitting another car waiting for a traffic light. It needs attention from Ford. I have had several Rangers with no issues like this. Sometimes it will not stop until I stop the vehicle.

- , Vail, CO, USA

Oct 312003

Ranger

the windshield wipers turn on at random when it's hot outside. It only happens when it's hot out!

- , Lompoc, CA, USA