1.0

2000 Ford Ranger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Ranger:

2000 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Sep 092013

Ranger

Approx 10 minutes after I had gotten home I heard a noise and looked outside.. it was 1:20 a.M; I called the fire department because the whole front end of the truck had caught on fire. An explosion completely blew off the hood. The temperature of the fire was hot enough that the alternator had melted off of the truck itself. No injuries occurred from the fire. Fire is still under investigation.

- Wellston, OH, USA

Jun 032013

Ranger 6-cyl

On 06/03/2013 at approximately 0830 hrs, my son was driving my 2000 Ford Ranger extended cab 4X4, taking his sister to the dentist office. While enroute the RPM gauge spiked to 5000 RPM's so he let off the gas and it went back to normal. He continued a short distance to the dentist office and as he was pulling into the parking lot, the vehicle lost all power and coasted to a stop. Just as the vehicle stopped, my daughter saw smoke coming from under the hood on the driver side so she exited the vehicle. My son exited the vehicle and went to look under the vehicle when he saw fire dripping down to the ground. The fire department responded to the scene and extinguished the fire. Fire engulfed the entire engine compartment and spread to interior of the cab, vehicle was a total loss. I've owned this vehicle since April 2004 and received numerous letters from Ford Motor Co. Wanting to sell me an extended warranty but never the first notice of any factory recall. Other than routine care for the vehicle, I never had any issues with this vehicle until the fire.

- Mascot, VA, USA