6.0

2000 Ford Ranger transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Ranger:

2000 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jul 152010

Ranger 3.0L V6

Problem showed up soon after I bought new 2000 Ford Ranger. Engine losing auto. transmission fluid. Ford installed a retrofit kit to correct the problem. Recently started losing large amounts of transmission fluid. Took truck to mechanic. Transmission extension seal had come out. Mechanic installed new seal and showed me (documented on bill) that metal housing is improperly machined, will not hold seal tightly. Still drips transmission fluid, especially if I park truck on an uphill incline. Have to back truck into driveway to prevent leakage.

Contacted Ford home office. Reply was that because of the mileage, Ford could only negotiate a discount with Ford dealership for the repairs. I feel Ford should repair the problem, since the problem existed with my brand new Ranger. I have always been from a Ford family, but this has caused me to think seriously about whether I will ever buy another Ford product.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA