3.3

2001 Ford Ranger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Ranger:

2001 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jun 142004

Ranger 6-cyl

: the contact stated upon inspection of the vehicle the ball joint boots were noticed deteriorating. The vehicle was taken to the dealership and they replaced the lower ball joints. The manufacturer was alerted. The upper ball joints failed as well. The timing cover gasket was replaced. Updated 03/22/06.

- Repton, AL, USA

Jul 242003

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

I have a Ford Ranger edge 2001. I purchased it Jun 11 2003. I just started feeling weird vibrations and sounds from the front end.I took it to a mechanic and he told me both upper suspension arms need replacing.this is going to cost over a $1000 dollars. I was told if I don't do it soon I could loose one or both of my front tires at high speed or off road. He also told me he has a lot of Ford Ranger are having the same problem. Please help.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA