4.0

1. rewired sensor (1 reports)
2002 Ford Ranger accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Ranger:

2002 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Apr 182012

Ranger Edge 4.0L V6

I was driving down the highway with the cruise control on when suddenly my cruise control stopped (Light went out and I was slowing down)! I just went with it and thought I hit the brake or something. I continued on the road and used the cruise for about 15 minutes then it stopped working again (It got really annoying, so I stopped trying). But I eventually made it back to Saskatoon. I used to be a mechanic a couple years back and naturally, I wanted to see what the heck was going on! So first thing I did was check the electrical system, and there was the problem! The fuse was barely in the socket (but just enough that it could make some electrical contact)! So I pushed it back in and went out for a test drive. The cruise worked for about 30 km, until it stopped again.... I was really annoyed. I drove back to my house and looked at the fuse but it was fine (It wasn't burnt out or falling out), so I dove back into the electrical system to take a look. Nothing seemed to be the problem but I noticed that the light kept blinking (Just a quick blink) when I would press the on button for the cruise control while going down the road. I checked the off switch but that was okay. Something occurred to me though. What turns off the cruise control, the brake pedal! So I looked at the sensor for the cruise control shut-off for the brake. Turns out the ground wire was barely making contact with the sensor. So I broke out some electrical tape and stuck it back into the sensor. That seemed to solve my problem.

- , Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, canada