2003 Ford Ranger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Ranger:

2003 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Aug 252009

Ranger XLT 2.0L

One day I was driving and the check engine light came on. I panicked and immediately took it to the parts store to get the code to determine if it was something minor or important. They told me the code was saying that the Cruise Control Circuit was open. I found that odd seeing as my truck does not have cruise control. The man was nice enough to delete the code.

I went home and about three days later it came back on again and of course the same code popped up. The light stays on for several days and then goes off for a few days then comes back on always with the same code. Does anyone know how to fix this?

- , Franklin, NC, USA

Dec 082008

Ranger XLT V6

I got this from the dealership used. The light came on immediately when I left the lot. They supposedly "fixed" it, but when I left the lot. The light came on again. I think there is a bigger problem that they are not telling me that they don't want to address. We'll see. I'm having it fixed again. (no cost to me)

- , Nashville, TN, USA