2003 Ford Ranger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Ranger:

2003 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Oct 052007

Ranger 6-cyl

Was driving on state hwy.20 @ 615pm, when I noticed no power when I pressed on the accelerator, RPM shot to 4000, then dropped down with no power, cars behind me were flashing there lights, arms waving out there windows when the car came to my side they were frantically yelling that I was on fire. I immediately pulled to the side of hwy. And flames were rolling into the cab of the truck, it was in 2 waves then I was able to open my door and exit the flames were rolling out of the rear driver side wheel well, luckily I had a fire extingwisher in the bed of the truck which I extingwished in the wheel whell and as far back as I could reach, this put out the fire, but not without extensive damage to the underneath of truck including the gas tank where grass valley Ford determined the fire the hot spot is very distinguishing.Ford Motor Co in dearborn mi.sent me a letter saying they will not address this failer, and will not give me any information to contact anyone that can help resolve this matter.a 4 year old truck that has no modifications, and has been wwell taken care of should not burst into flames, endangering lives.they are at this point offering no assistance to correct this problem.I can provide estimates from the dealership with parts list included as well as them determing that it was a fire originating at the gas tank..there were no events leading to this failer, never a gas smell just instantly into flames..thanks for your time in this matter..

- Big Oak Valley, CA, USA