2004 Ford Ranger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Ranger:

2004 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Feb 132006

Ranger 6-cyl

Problem with loss of all directional and ABS/brake indicator on dashboard on my 2004 Ford Ranger pickup. When pulling out of stop onto a main thoroughfare, my directional quit working as I made the turn. I tried to click them manually, but to no the same time as I lost my directional, my ABS/brake failure indicators illuminated on the dashboard. Not only was I not able to signal a turn (at 20:00 hours), but other drivers could not see my hand signals because it was so dark. In the process of trying to make a turn (to return home), another driver honked at me (for lack of turn indication) and cut me off, causing me to jam on my brakes. With no ABS available, I of course started to slide. I quickly let off the brake pedal to manually pump my brakes to slow down. I brought the vehicle to the local Ford dealership the following day. The report from the dealership is as follows; customer reports ABS light on', 'customer reports all directional inoperable. Verified concern. Found fuse #20-10amp blown, replaced fuse, blew again. Found wiring on frame rail corroded and short to ground. Repaired and checked, all ok'.

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA