9.2

2006 Ford Ranger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Ranger:

2006 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Oct 152006

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

I was in stop and go traffic in my 2006 Ford Ranger with approximately 3500 miles on it when engine sputtered and stopped as I tried to accelerate. The gas tank was near full and the truck would not restart after I coasted across a lane of moving traffic onto the median. Having experienced a similar problem in my 1986 Ranger, I called the dealer service center to ask where the fuel safety shut off switch was located. After being assured that the switch could not be the problem unless I had been in a collision or hit a very large pot-hole, I reset the switch and the truck started. The switches in these trucks apparently has a defect that has not been corrected for 20 years. The service people seem to be unaware of the issue and I suspect that many people have been sold fuel pumps and other related items that were not the problem. I am just glad it didn't happen at 65 mph.

- Roy, UT, USA