5.3

2006 Ford Ranger wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Ranger:

2006 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Dec 142012

Ranger

I was driving down the road and I hit a bump and my spare tire fell down and out of the truck onto the highway. I stopped immediately and retrieved my wheel of the highway and saw that it was still connected to part of the mount. The next day I drove to a repair shop to put the truck on a lift to look at the damage and realized that the entire frame had rotted under the truck. I left the repair garage and was heading home when I hit a pothole the entire driver side front frame rotted and the wheel fell partially off the truck, so I had the truck towed to my office parking lot and parked it, because it is not drivable anymore. I contacted Ford they told me to have it towed to a local dealership and they would send a rep out to look at it. So I did and the rep never came out and they told me to have it removed, that the rep called them and said they would not repair anything, so the truck still sits rotted and parked, and remember it only has 17,900 miles on it, thank you.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA