2010 Ford Ranger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Ranger:

2010 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Takata recall my wife and I are forced to use separate vehicles since June 1, 2016. If F my wife rides in passenger seat she could be killed. This is at great cost in mileage and gasoline.

- Moore, SC, USA

Jun 092016

Driving on int 10 san bernardino calif, slammed into vehicle barely moving and I was doing about 60mph. Horrible impact and drivers airbag did not deploy. Severe rt hand trauma including broken index finger.

- Grand Terrace, CA, USA

Aug 012015

The contact owned a 2010 Ford Ranger. While driving 30 mph, the contact crashed into the passenger side door of another vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact was taken from the scene by ambulance and taken to a nearby emergency facility. The contact sustained whiplash and strained muscles on both sides of the neck and shoulders. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 114,000.

- Lake Wood, CO, USA

Mar 112014

Ranger 4-cyl

I work during the nights on the 8pm-4:30am shift. I was changed temporarily to the 3:30am - 12pm shift to cover a coworker's vacations. I worked on Saturday from 8pm-4:30am and then on Monday from 3:30am-12pm. As a result, on my second day on this new shift, I didn't rest well. On Tuesday, March 11, 2014, I got out of my shift at 12pm. By 12:30pm, it was a sunny day but I fell asleep while driving. The road had a slight slope. I crashed at about 40-50 mph in my Ford Ranger 2010 against a sedan that was waiting for the red light. I was not conscious to hit the brakes so only stopped on impact. The other car involved sustained huge damages and his trunk was basically pushed to his back row seats. My vehicle suffered damages that left the front of my vehicle in pieces. I was not hurt and neither was the other person but by the damages of each car I think my airbags should have worked and they didn't. I think it's a safety concern that at that speed and given the damages incurred by each car, that the airbags didn't work.

- Carolina, PR, USA