2011 Ford Ranger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Ranger:

2011 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Aug 182015

Ranger

Driving 40 mph down city street, straight, the vehicle in front of me, which I had 4 car length between him and me, stop fast, I put me brakes on and my truck was not responding. I putt both of my feet on the break peddle and it went to the floor and still no respond to the brakes. Well, my truck hit the truck in front and the front of the truck was all messed up, not able to drive it and transmission fluid leaking to the street. After the truck was fix, they tested the brake by pilling each tries off check all the spec, pulled the rotors off and applied the brakes to each wheel one at a time and ran the calibers out to it limits and install the rotors, tires and road tested the brakes check ok at that time but the brake were not at 100% and was still were soft a bit. I ask Ford dealers to install a new master cylinder and each one refused to do that, why, I asked? I received many different answers, but not to why they will not want to install the master cylinder. So, left in a amazement! months later I heard about a recalls on Ford truck with brakes problems, they explain the condition of the problem and my truck fit it to the (T). Now the brakes in my truck is getting softer and not working very well at times. Yesterday, I move the truck, I put the brakes on started the truck and the brakes went to the floor again. Same thing all over again. I am very glad, I used a different car. I was hurt but the next time I might be going faster and well, you get the picture. Help some one please!!!

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 152015

Ranger

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Ranger. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but the brake lights failed to illuminate. As a result, another vehicle crashed into the rear of the vehicle behind the contact, causing that vehicle to crash into the rear of the contact's vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact did not sustain any injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that a switch on the brake pedal needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. However, the failure recurred immediately after the vehicle was repaired. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer but the contact was not provided with information on what part was replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Troy, MI, USA

Mar 072015

Ranger

Without warning, the front right wheel bearing disintegrated while traveling on a highway at 55 mph. I heard a load noise in the front, the truck sagged to the right, and the truck and steering suddenly pulled to the right side, sending the vehicle momentarily out of control. Fortunately, there was no other vehicles to the right of me because I would have been in a serious accident. After swerving and fishtailing, I was able to get the truck under control and coasted off the road. I brought the car to a front end specialist and he said that the bearing went and destroyed the spindle, the sensor and the brakes. He indicated this failure was unheard of for a vehicle this new and he indicated it had to be a factory defect in the bearing which caused this failure. I also filed a complaint with the Ford company.

- Lincoln, RI, USA

Jan 302015

Ranger

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Ranger. While coming to a stop, the vehicle did not respond when the brake pedal was depressed. In addition, the vehicle accelerated without warning and crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence and then taken to a dealer. The technician informed that the vehicle was operating as designed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,500. The VIN was not available.

- Mabel Vale, AR, USA

Oct 232011

Ranger 6-cyl

When braking vehicle accelerates in forward and reverse. October 2011, I was slowly backing and upon applying the brakes vehicle surged backward almost hitting two men directing me. The next day I carried vehicle to an open field and tried unsuccessfully to duplicate the problem. I assumed driver error. Several days later when braking going forward at about 25 mph the vehicle surged forward. Over the next year the defect was noticed in varying degrees. Four times when starting the engine with the brake pedal depressed the engine raced. April 2013 while slowly backing out of a parking space I braked to avoid a vehicle moving behind me. My vehicle surged backward almost hitting the vehicle behind me. Local dealer can find nothing wrong with vehicle.

- Alexandria, LA, USA