2011 Ford Ranger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Ranger:

2011 Ford Ranger Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Ranger

Takata recall. Below is what I sent to Ford, I have contacted Ford several times with no results. Per the NHTSA website Ford has repaired 104,000M vehicles to date. My Ranger is due now for repair. What is your vehicle sales or service issue":Ford recall 16S26 takata passenger airbag, issued 6-1-2016. Please help me to expedite this repair. I am not able to drive with family members as a passenger until this is corrected what action has your dealer taken to address the issue?:serramonte Ford stated there are no parts available, until further notice what assistance are you seeking from Ford Motor Company":please help me expedite this repair so I can drive with the family. We purchased a 2012 Explorer, a 2011 Ranger, and a 2012 F-150 from serramonte Ford are you the owner of the vehicle :yes VIN : 1ftkr1ee9bpa90185 mileage : 46,000 where is your vehicle now : inpossession have you contacted the dealer :yes dealer name :serramonte Ford contact information first name : marc last name :paton address :400 elm ave city : san bruno, state :ca, country :usa, zip :94066 email address : mpaton@pacific.edu phone number :415-930-1848

- San Bruno, CA, USA

Ranger

Takata inflators recall was issued June 2016, and there is still no replacements available, at least in the los angeles area.

- Malibu, CA, USA

Ranger

6-1-2016 when will air bag be available 1-13-2017.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Jul 102016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Ford Ranger. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The parts needed for the recall remedy were not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 292016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Woodway, TX, USA

Ranger

Takata recall. In July 2016, I received safety recall notice 16S26 / NHTSA recall 16V-384. Several times I have called the local Ford service dept. And been told that parts are not available. It has been over 6 months since I received the recall notice. It is either a safety issue or not, safety is being compromized.

- Narragansett, RI, USA

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Narragansett, RI, USA

No action.

- Schofield, HI, USA

Ranger

Takata recall NHTSA recall number 16V384 I was notified in July of the recall for this safety issue. It is now 5 months later and there is no remedy. I do not feel this issue has been handled in a timely manner

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Nov 162016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Oct 202016

Ranger

Takata recall. I'm in Florida. I got my recall letter in July. I called Ford in October. They said it takes time. Ford asked how many miles were on my truck. Is Ford trying to run out the clock at consumers expense" how many more have to die"

- Fort White, FL, USA

Nov 032016

Ranger

Takata recall takata appears to be bankrupt and the air bag in my pickup has not been available to replace. By the time a replacement is available from the bankrupt supplier the vehicle will be obsolete. NHTSA mandates the use of air bags in vehicles therefore NHTSA should bear responsibility in this matter.

- Sulphur Springs, TX, USA

Ranger

Takata recall our company is a large subcontractor for a major cable company and we have 16 of these Ranger with this recall pending on that is driven 7 days a weekputting people lives at risk and Ford is acting like they don't care keep saying that the replacement part is not available.