2. replace blend door motor (1 reports)
1997 Ford Taurus AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Taurus:

1997 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Nov 072012

Taurus GL

My heat in the car did not work, took the car to mechanic and was told the only way to repair the problem was to take the Dash board off and to replace the "Stir". Was not sure if this mechanic was out to rip me off , so I took it to another mechanic at Pep boys. The Mechanic there told me the same thing that the dash board had to be removed to change the "Stir". It cost me $300 dollars and the kicker is that before the summer if I want the air conditioner to work I would have to bring the car in to have the dash board removed to set it for air conditioning. My car currently has 150,000 miles and will drive this car when it is cold outside so bundle up.

- , Brooklyn, NY, USA

Apr 242001

When I turned the temperature dial from cold to hot, it remained cold. Coolant level was fine. It turned out that the electric motor that controls the hot / cold air mix was broken. I forget how much it cost to fix.

- , Vancouver, BC, Canada