1. replace the front rotors with new disc pads (2 reports)
1997 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Taurus:

1997 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 012011

Taurus GL

94000 miles I get to replace all new rotors and pads on front as well as a new caliper on the driver side where the seal popped. I got away cheap at $178 cause i did the work myself.

- , Little Chute, WI, USA

Jan 202007

Taurus SL V6

The car was given to me so it was not maintained right then it sat for two years. I have no heat and I replaced the thermostat so it is not that. Now out of nowhere with no warning when I brake hard it grinds but also if I turn the wheel and brake it sounds like there is a helicopter above my car. I was actually looking for the darn helicopter and then realized that it was my car. The car stops with no problem so I don't think it is the brakes, and there was no warning. Last time I got the car looked at they said it was all rusted underneath, and that I needed rotors so I think that could be the problem.

- , Bridgeport, PA, USA

Dec 122003

Taurus LX

The front rotors continue to warp too quickly, about every 15,000 miles.

- , Attleboro, MA, USA