- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 9 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 21 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 26 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 51 days ago
1997 Ford Taurus
Worst 1997 Taurus steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- key stuck in ignition1
- steering is stiff at times1
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System28
- NHTSA: Steering13
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion7
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar5
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)2
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Pump2
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Tie Rod Assembly2
- NHTSA: Steering: Column1
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.