9.3

1999 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Taurus:

1999 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 072011

Taurus SE 3.0L Vulcan V6

My 1999 Ford Taurus with the 3.0 Vulcan V-6 that I bought in 2006 is having transmission problems, as I was driving, the car seemed to go into Neutral and not shift, barely making it to a parking lot where I called for a Tow. I've had previous trans problems with rough shifting since I bought the car.,that I have been living with. Now mileage is 149,000 ,trans repair,overhaul estimate as $1500 o$2300, not worth the value of the car , I understand from Reading that this is a common problem with this year Taurus,the AX4S (AXOD-E) Ford transmission .

I had better hopes for the longevity of this car, had the fluid changed once @ 60,0000 miles, maybe not regularly enough.Although the fluid level was being maintained. Mr. Ford, if you are reading this I am accepting offers for this disabled (bull) Taurus.

Maybe your Techs can use it for research to develop a car that never breaks Down... .....hhhuuuurrruumph.....

S.J.Feny

- , Poolesville, MD, USA

Feb 242012

Taurus SE 3.0L Dohc

had fluid, well maintained. went into neutral on its own while driving at 40 mph, first time issue. will not go into any gear now, at dealer and not sure what to do.

- , middletown, oh, USA

Oct 032008

Taurus 3.0L V6

nothing to say yet have no id of what to say

i just know the car want move at all, won't go in forward or backward.

- , Freeport, FL, USA