8.0

2. pulled off panel (2 reports)
2000 Ford Taurus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Taurus:

2000 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Mar 012011

Taurus SE 3.0L

Front driver seat belt does not release when pushing in release button. Have to sit there for at least a minute before releasing at the most so far two minutes. Becomes a pain in the ass when at work and you use your car for work purposes, when trying to get out of your car and trapped in.

- , Cordele, GA, USA

Oct 012009

Taurus SES 3.0L 24V DOHC

Recently, the passenger seat belt is VERY hard to release. If you are strong then it can be done; if you are older and not very strong you may get trapped in the car. I now have a pair of scissors in the glove box just in case there is no way to remove it. What a pain to have to deal with. If it gets much worse I am going to see the cost to repair and I expect it will be another few hundred dollars on top of the $1,300 I have spent on the car this year already and the $1,100 I put in it last year.

- , Champaign, IL, USA

May 132009

Taurus SES V6

What the heck is wrong with a seat belt when it doesn't release after you push the red release button? So far this Taurus has been a pain in the butt.

- , St Paul, MN, USA

Jan 122008

Taurus ES 4 cyl

this is the worst car we have ever owned, would never buy another ford product again

- , Bulger, PA, USA

Mar 242007

Taurus 3.0L Duratec

I bought the car in March 2007 the seat belt worked alright for a little while.

now I go to pull the out and there stuck let them sit they will go in on there own but by the time that has happen the I missed my appointment.

I called for 200.00 as side for the belt I asked why they were so much

the said because the a safety product.

I think ford should do a recall on them

- , Chatham, Ontario, Canada

Taurus SE 3.0 V6

One rear seatbelt had already locked up, fixed itself, and then locked up again. Now the other rear seatbelt (3-point shoulder harness) has locked up. Rotten luck or crappy design?

Taurus SE 3.0 V6

Rear seatbelt locked up for 2nd time. Locked in one position, so that one child of particular size can use it -- uncomfortably. This time it's not spontaneously fixing itself.

Taurus SE 3.0 V6

Rear seat belt locked in place, and will not withdraw from reel. After I order the $246 Cdn part, it spontaneously fixed itself, after several weeks of inconvenience, since I often need to transport several kids to sporting events.

Nov 132006

Taurus SE 3.0 flex fuel

Seat belt is not releasing. Piece of sh*t car

- , Tonawanda, NY, USA