3.9

2001 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Taurus:

2001 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Sep 092003

Taurus 6-cyl

I had been hearing a noise in the rear of my car but the dealer kept saying they could not hear it. While driving in town my brakes locked up and I had to have it towed to the dealer. The dealer said that I had been driving with my park brake on and that voided my warranty. I had never used the parking brake. I had to pay for the brake work and new drums. Since then I've had the brakes re-done twice. This should not need to be done so often, should it?

- Prattville, AL, USA