7.3

1. replace reservoir (3 reports)
2001 Ford Taurus cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Taurus:

2001 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Dec 152007

Taurus SES 3.0L V6

The reservoir cracked and leaked anti freeze every time I parked, had to keep filling. I replaced it and it cracked again after about a year. I still have this problem. I took it off and patched it up. let's see how long that will last.

- , Berwyn, IL, USA

Feb 102011

Taurus SES 3.0L V6

It's just a small leak but it still makes a mess. I feel Ford should take care of this issue. If I don't keep adding anti-freeze I can blow the heads or event the entire engine. Anti freeze is not cheap.

- , Berwyn, IL, USA

Dec 172008

Taurus SE 3.0L

When I went to get the reservoir from the auto store, Ford shipped the wrong one twice. I also found out that the resevoir is notorious for cracking on the bottom on this model car.

- , Wabash, IN, USA