2001 Ford Taurus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Taurus:

2001 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Feb 282003

Taurus SES

During an accident my side airbags were supposed to deploy at the same time. Only one did and not the side I was on. I was wearing my seatbelt, but was still thrown into the drivers side of the car and was seriously injured. My airbag light came on two days before the accident and I was told that my car was safe to drive as long as the light was not blinking (it was not blinking). I cannot afford an attorney to pursue this. I have contacted Ford Motor Co. about this and have been given the run around. I have missed time from work, lost wages and other out of pocket expenses from this. My car was totaled. I want to warn people about this before the same thing happens to them. Do not buy a Ford vehicle.

- , Woodbridge, VA, USA