- August 19: Ford Focus EVAP Purge Valve Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 2 days ago
- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 11 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 19 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 20 days ago
Heater Blows Cool Air
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 97,699 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 10 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- blend door fixed (1 reports)
- blow out heater core (1 reports)
- drain, flush and refill cooling system (1 reports)
- heater core replaced (1 reports)
AC / heater problem