- July 28: Ford Police Interceptor Carbon Monoxide Leaks Will Be Fixed news | 1 days ago
- July 27: NHTSA Ford Explorer Exhaust Manifold Investigation Upgraded investigations | 2 days ago
- July 26: Austin, Texas: 60 Carbon Monoxide Detectors Activate in Ford Police SUVs news | 3 days ago
- July 26: Ford Recalls 117,000 F-150, E-Series, Escape and Lincoln MKC Vehicles recalls | 3 days ago
- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 6 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
2.3hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 66,367 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: