CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.

The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.

The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...

6.0

2002 Ford Taurus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Taurus:

2002 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 112012

Taurus SE 6

I recently had new struts put on the rear of my 2002 Ford Taurus and there were no stabilizer links on the car. I bought it used so I don't know if they rusted off or what but not there. I pulled up to a red light and heard and felt a snapping popping sound coming from the front drivers side. I continued to drive the car and about 1/2 mile later the car started jerking from side to side and couldn't control it. It would pull on way and I'd have to pull it back and a little later it would pull again and it was that way, back & forth the rest of the way home. I could not drive it more than 20-25 mph hr. I have not found out what the problem may be as of yet so if anyone else has had a similar problem would love to know what it was and how expensive to repair. I am retired living on a very fixed income and it seems to me that Ford has made a real bad mane for itself with all these suspension problems.

- , Montrose, PA, USA