CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.

The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.

The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...

7.0

2002 Ford Taurus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Taurus:

2002 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Apr 132014

Taurus SES 3.2L V6

I've replaced the struts on the back on both the driver's and passenger's side. I still heard a noise coming from the back again if I do a right turn or hit a pot hole or a speed bump like place. I'm not sure what else to do, I don't want to wait til it does some real damage and maybe causes me to wreck it! I just don't feel safe right now to drive it far at all, I just generally drive it to church and back home which is less than 8 miles each way. If there's not a recall on this there should be.

- , Archdale, NC, USA

Jan 152009

Taurus SES 3.2L V6

I have been a Ford man for 60 years, and have owned LTD's Mercury's, Lincoln Town Cars plus this Taurus, which has caused more problems than any of the other models.

- , Kerrville, TX, USA