Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.

The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.

The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...

2002 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Taurus:

2002 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Nov 152004

Taurus 6-cyl

Ford issued a recall on its 2002 Ford tauraus vehicles for updating the computer systems. After the computer systems were updated I was told that I need to purchase a new oxygen sensor to keep the light from coming on again. I asked if this was a part of the recall and the dealership stated no that is was something different. Well the same exact thing happened on my father-in-laws 2002 Ford escape. I took it in and was told the same thing. I asked again if it was part of the recall and they assured me that it wasnt. I think they are wrong. Well about a month later the car started accelerating on its on and jumping out of gear. This could have caused and accident but thankfully no one was in front of us at the time. Then the battery on it drained down so far that the big jump box at the dealership couldn't even fix it and we had to purchase a new battery. I'm not sure of the exact date of the incidents.

- Mobile, AL, USA