- July 17: Ford Lawsuit Claims Steering Defects in Ford Fusion and Focus Cars
- July 12: Investigation Looks at Steering Problems in 500,000 Ford Cars
- July 9: Ford Recalls Cars and SUVs for Flying Roof Glass and Roll Away Danger
- June 29: Ford Dealers Told How to Fix Rough Idle and Rattle Noise
- June 25: Ford Recalls F-150 Over Steering Problems, Tells Owners to Park Trucks
2003 Ford Taurus
fuel system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
Worst 2003 Taurus fuel system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- broken fuel filler tube1
- fuel rail pressure sensor range/performance failure1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline6
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System: ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly: ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Delivery1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Storage: Tank Assembly: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.