- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 3 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 7 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 10 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 30 days ago
Power Windows Are Noisy Rolling Up Or Down
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 15,013 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- dealer lubricated window regulator (1 reports)
- replace window regulator assembly (1 reports)
windows / windshield problem