2005 Ford Taurus accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Taurus:

2005 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Feb 102008

Taurus 6-cyl

On 2/10/07 the local temperature was in the teens. I entered my 2005 Ford Taurus without incident, put on my safety belt, started it and began to drive. Upon beginning a right turn my drivers side door flew open - the latching mechanism had frozen open. Fortunately there were no injuries or damage to any vehicles, but it could have easily been otherwise. I believe this is a common Ford problem because the very same problem plagued a 1996 Windstar I used to own.

- Burnt Hills, NY, USA