8.5

2006 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Taurus:

2006 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Nov 262013

Taurus V6

The first time it happened was 11/26/2013, it would just stop running and I could get it started again. It happen several times before I could get it to the garage. I was headed to St. Louis. if I had been on that busy highway going into Barns Hospital, I wouldn't be setting her typing this complaint. That is not the only time, it happened again 02/03/2016. I almost got hit in the rear end. I had to have it towed to garage. I was 25 miles away from home. Now it happened again 12/27/2016. I was 22 miles away form home, had to be towed in again today.

I hate this car now. I can't trust it to get me to a Dr office or any where else. I sure wish my income was enough so I could get rid of it, but it's not. I can't even afford to buy what I really need or afford food to eat.

- , Ullin, IL, USA

Sep 082016

Taurus SE 3.0L V6

The car died while driving and turning left. Car repair shop could find nothing wrong. Once 5 months previously there was a check engine light with a bad oxygen sensor. The car shop wanted $1300 to replace the catalytic converter (oxygen sensor is inside). We haven't had it repaired yet since taking it to a muffler shop they saw no physical signs of a bad catalytic converter. So, we have had one check engine light and one "died" while driving scenario. If anyone has suggestions, please input.

- , Memphis, TN, USA

Jul 012012

Taurus

First time it happen I was driving on the freeway my car all of a sudden stop and everything cut off,then it started right back up didn't know what happen for it to do that. So maybe a month ago I was driving and it cut off while I was driving again, and it started right back up so I brought it to the shop, the guy checked my battery and also put it on a machine and said he couldn't find a problem he didn't know what the cause was so if anybody can give me any suggestion are answers I will greatly appreciated it.....

- , Beaumont, TX, USA

May 312012

Taurus SEL 3.0L V6

vehicle shuts downs while driving on the freeway and steering wheel gets hard to control

- , San Diego, CA, USA

May 302011

Taurus

Back in December Ford said the Fuel pump went out. We had it replaced. a week later the check engine light came on and they found that when installing the fuel pump they laid a wire against something they shouldn't, they fixed it. fast forward to April and the car broke down again, and again they said it was the fuel pump. Replaced it for free and sent me on my way. In May we moved from Nebraska to SC. we got to town and the next day it broke down again. (THANK GOD it didn't break down on the 1300 mile trip). The new Ford dealership looked and said it was the processor and it was talking to the fuel pump. So they replaced the processor under warranty. Now a week later, the car did it again. This time though we waited a few minutes and the car started back up and got us home. Now I am afraid to drive it. Not 1 or 3 ford dealerships have fixed this problem.

- , Goose Creek, SC, USA

Aug 092010

Taurus SEL

My car has "cut out" while driving at various speeds or while turning a number of times. The power steering freezes and the ABS pretty well locks up the brakes. So you can't steer or brake and it has happened while I'm traveling at least 55+mph on several occasions. It also happens frequently when turning left. Sometimes it just comes back on but other times it doesn't.

- , Evansville, IN, USA

Aug 272009

Taurus

CAR JUST SHUT OFF ON THE FREEWAY IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC. THANK GOD IT WAS THE USUAL CALIFORNIA SNAILS PACE OR IT COULD HAVE BEEN VERY BAD. AT 54,500 MILES STALLED ON THE FREEWAY AND DRIVING HOME I HAD TO PAY 695.00 DOLLARS FOR FAILED FUEL FILTER WHICH DAMAGED IAC VALVE. FORD WON'T STEP UP THAT THEY ARE MANUFACTURING CRAPPY PARTS. LAST FORD I WILL EVER BUY

- , Valencia, CA, USA

May 152009

Taurus SEL V6

Our Taurus will stall in the middle of driving it. I'm not sure if stall is even the right word. It seems as if the car is fine, and then all of a sudden the engine is off. Everything else is still on, radio, etc., but you'll go to push the gas and there is no power. It does not give any warning and can be quite dangerous. It has done this to us on a major Interstate Highway. The dealership seems to think it's no big deal. It is. If we had not been able to safely get the car restarted quickly, we could've been smashed from behind. Super scary.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA