2006 Ford Taurus lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Taurus:

2006 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Sep 012015

So now when I try to reverse my car doesn't move and if I hit the gas the engine just Ram up and makes a loud noise.I have got stuck so many times to the point where I can't move...also my headlights and high beams look the same there is no difference and you don't even know when the high beams are on the light in the car doesn't come A/C a and heater only works on high.I can't get on the freeway the gages go up to 4 and go down when I'm going 65.when im on the regular street they still go up hight and I can be going less than 45.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Mar 062015

I was on the expressway the car reduced speed, until it stopped which almost made someone run into the back of me. The windshield blades do not function, the interior lights will not come on all the time. Ive taken my car to several shops they were not able to tell me what's wrong with the vehicle stating the problem does not show up on the diagnostic machine. I am to the point of being afraid of driving my car, I never know when or if it will function properly.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 012013

Taurus 6-cyl

When turning steering wheel, at times an object can be heard rolling around in steering wheel. Also, mileage light is not lighted. It can only be seen at night when dark out. This has been a problem for the last 2 to 3 years. I took vehicle to a St. Cloud, mn Ford dealer on May 22, 2015, to see if the problem may be part of the recent airbag recall. Dealer advised that there is no recall on vehicle and the problem may be unrelated to recall.

- St. Cloud, MN, USA

Jan 032008

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Taurus. The contact stated that the rear brake lights work intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on several occasions, but they could not diagnose the cause of the failure; therefore, they did not replace any parts. The contact will take the vehicle to another dealer for a second opinion. The failure mileage was 32,000 and current mileage was 37,000.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA