2008 Ford Taurus seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Taurus:

2008 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Apr 032016

Taurus

The contact owned a 2008 Ford Taurus. While driving at an unknown speed on a slippery road, the vehicle crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The driver sustained a fractured nose, neck injuries, and a severe cut to the right eyelid that required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 138,000.

- Oakdale, CT, USA

Jun 042014

Taurus

The air bag light came on in passenger side as not on, my car then started to slow while I was on the highway, and jerked a bit, would not go when I hit the gas petal, had to pull in and about 10 min of turning car on and off, light for airbag went out and car was fine. Although at times light still comes on for airbag on passenger side but car has not stalled

- Highland, IL, USA

Feb 022015

Taurus

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Taurus. While driving at approximately 15 mph during inclement weather, the vehicle slipped on ice. As a result, the vehicle crashed into trees and into an embankment. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained cheek and head injuries, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Unicoi, TN, USA

Jun 032014

Taurus 6-cyl

I was driving back home from dropping off my son at school when I felt like I was going to faint I was unable to stop the car in time when I passed out while driving, I hit an electrical post head on my air bags didn't deploy and I suffered head trauma and bruising on my face arms and chest.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Jan 072012

Taurus 6-cyl

Front air bags did not deploy in frontal crash at 50 mph, side curtain did deploy however front end of auto was destroyed.

- Owensboro, KY, USA

Aug 112011

Taurus 6-cyl

Driving 2 lane road heading East, saw a car on the our right trying to come out of drive, kept going back and forth finally gave up, by the time we turned to look straight a truck had stopped with his directionals wanting to go left into his drive, we hit him. Seat belts were on, but the air bags did not deploy..husband driving, got a warning from police, failure to stop properly. We were sore from impact due to seat belts but the truck driving went to hospital for a check-up, we didn't. car was totaled by the auto body shop...

- Medway, MA, USA