2008 Ford Taurus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Taurus:

2008 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Mar 082010

Taurus 6-cyl

The car has problems with rear caster alignment. According to Ford and others there is no alignment for rear caster. I started noticing problems at approximately 15K miles. After taking it to an alignment shop with no fix I took it to a Ford dealer. They convinced me it would only be minor wear on the rear tires. I am now on my 3rd set of tires at 49K and after taking it to more alignment shops and a frame shop. The local Ford dealer and Ford said I had sagging springs (I was not convinced). They replaced and said it was fixed. I told them I would have it double checked. Guess what it still is out of alignment with the same readings I originally took it in for.

- Leesville, LA, USA

Nov 202008

Front and rear coil springs snapped while sitting at my residence. The rear broke last year and the front broke yesterday, 11/20/2008. Had to replaced both front and rear springs plus a tire in the front that was punctured when it snapped. I just purchased all new tires a month ago. This could have cause a major accident if it had happened while driving.

- Bellevue, OH, USA