5.9

2010 Ford Taurus fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Taurus:

2010 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Aug 042011

Taurus 6-cyl

This is the twin turbo V6 ecoboost engine. This vehicle has had several transmission issues dating back to August 2011. First issue: Car stumbled upon accelerating from a dead stop. Particularly unsafe when turning into traffic. One potentially serious event was a right turn I made from a stop light and the car came to a crawl. After having the car for more than a week, Ford "fixed" the problem but it recurred a month later. Next incident(s): Transmission lunges and came out of gear and revved up. Again, Ford had the car for about 10 days. That was September 2011. October 18, 2011: Car lost power on freeway and ran very rough. Car towed into Ford. The had to replace coils, plugs, and PCM. 9/14/2012: Sunroof failed and would not close. Problem fixed under warranty. 8/16/2013: Delivered the car to Ford because the transmission acting up once again. This time when I press the accelerator the car stalls very briefly but then catches and accelerates forward quickly. This is a liability concern. On the freeway, when I press the gas to accelerate to pass a car, the car coasts before catching. Ford still has the vehicle and is telling me that they don't see an issue with their drive tests but have a call into Ford to see how to proceed. I'm very concerned.

- Folsom, CA, USA

Dec 312010

Taurus 6-cyl

The car has the cap les fuel filler system, when I fill the car, it leaks gas on the ground behind the rear tire, each time the pump shuts off. It does this at every station I fill up at. If I try to top off the tank it makes a very large puddle. The dealer I purchased the car from has not fixed this complaint and will not document my complaint.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Sep 082011

Taurus

I had to replace throttle body assembly on my 2010 Taurus limited. It only had 28000 miles at time of occurrence. I can't believe there is no recall on this, as Ford has had several problems with throttle body assembly.

- Florence, WI, USA