2010 Ford Taurus miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Taurus:

2010 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jan 102016

I have problems with brake and transmission passes the changes and gives a hit. The brake is going to the bottom and makes noise, on occasion gets hard the pedal and no brakes, I was talking to a person who has a Ford edge 2010 and it passed the same, the person called to Ford and had a recall and Ford fixed it, I called for my Taurus no recall of that, but it is curious that suffers from the same problem and Ford not give me a recall. Sometimes when I accelerated the car does not respond as suppose to.

- Rio Grande, PR, USA

Mar 172014

Opened my sunroof and it broke. It got stuck open and we had to take it apart to get it closed. Now I have to pay to get it fixed when it was plastic pieces that broke. Had a storm come through and the inside of my car was flooded. I have record of everything. Seems that if water gets on the electrical parts it will start shorting everything out causing the car to catch fire.

- Macon, GA, USA

May 202014

As I was driving I heard something in my front passager side door break and stared squeaking.

- Roslindale, MA, USA

Jun 222011

On two occasions the vehicle has stalled or lost power while in the process of driving. The first time this occurred the vehicle was traveling 20mph approximately 10 minutes into the drive. The second time this occurred the vehicle was traveling 55 mph while set on cruise control five hours into a drive. In both occurrences the display indicated to put shifter into park while the vehicle was stalled and still moving. While the vehicle was stalled the power steering and braking was disabled. After pulling over to the side of the road, placing the vehicle in park and restarting the vehicle operated normal. The Ford dealership has tried to diagnose the problem twice without success. The dealership has contacted Ford and they state they aren't aware of any problems of this nature. This is a very hazardous condition to occur while traveling 55mph on a curvy canyon road. I'm very concerned with continuing to drive the vehicle.

- Arroyo Grande, CA, USA

Mar 242011

While I was stopped in traffic, my wife accidentally touched the trunk release button while she was tuning the radio. The trunk lid opened. I pulled out of traffic as soon as possible so I could close the trunk lid. The car manual indicates that the trunk lid will open at speeds under 3 mph or less. It seems to me that the trunk lid should not open when the transmission is engaged.

- Hixson, TN, USA