3.2

2011 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Taurus:

2011 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Taurus

Had throttle related issues that were supposedly "repaired" at the dealer which are still present. The vehicle accelerates by itself and shows a wrench icon on the dashboard with a check engine light on. If the vehicle is put on drive it moves by itself as if one were pressing on the gas pedal. This is a possible safety issue that could possible kill someone or even get me killed while driving the vehicle (which I don't). Right now it's at the dealer and had to be towed away since the vehicle couldn't be moved.

- Calexico, CA, USA

Jan 052016

Taurus

Rear view camera stopped working a short time ago. Car was completely inspected and I was told that the repair would cost $1136 ! car has very low mileage, no accidents, garage stored etc. I find it hard to believe such an expense on the car. How often will this become a problem" will I need to come up with $1100 or more on a regular basis every few years for such repairs ? is Ford aware of this problem with other cars and have made arrangements to assist in cost of repairs"

- The Villages, FL, USA

Feb 262015

Taurus 6-cyl

Hello good morning I have a 2011 Ford Taurus sel and while going up a hill my car shut off while my keys were still in the ignition. My steering locked, check engine and low oil lights went on. The only thing I could do was apply brakes to the car and place it in park. I shut off the car and opened the hood to see if anything looked out of place. I checked my engine oil levels and that seemed fine. I closed the hood and turned the car back on. No check engine light or low oil? I haven't had a problem since but it seemed like an extremely dangerous situation. I see there are several complaints about the same issue.

- Allentown , PA, USA