8.0

2013 Ford Taurus accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Taurus:

2013 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jan 202016

Taurus

Driver side door mirror appears to be fading in color, possibly losing polarization, seems like that part of the mirror is defective, it gets extremely hot, turning brown and can be a driving hazard if the issue is not corrected.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Oct 102012

Taurus 6-cyl

My wife and I were traveling on us 35 North out of dallas, when we heard a loud bang as if something hit the windshield. We both looked up, but there was no mark on the windshield. Looked in the rear view mirror and saw that the rear window was shattered. Stopped at a Ford dealer in dallas and he said it had to be hit by a rock or bullet, but could not find either. Contacted my insurance, who contacted safelite to replace the window, but they did not have a replacement in dallas, which I understand is one of their distribution centers, dealer secured window with crash wrap for me and I drove on to albuq, where safelite replaced my window. They also could not find where it had been hit by a rock or bullet. Drove back to houston and contacted the selling dealer, and also Ford's customer relationship center. As of this date, 11/24/2012, they either don't have an answer or haven't returned my calls. On the 2nd call to Ford, the gentleman did tell me the regional representative of Ford said it was not covered, but no one has bothered to contact me.

- Baytown, TX, USA