5.8

2013 Ford Taurus brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Taurus:

2013 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Mar 242014

Taurus

The rear driver side brakes have been acting up and will make a loud clunk when you go to stop, the tire and brakes smell hot, took it to a mechanic on Sunday said a caliber was rusted and it should be under warranty called dealership took it in to Liberty Ford in brunswick Ohio. They said it was the brake pad and rotor due to the weather we have in Ohio that it was rusted and would need to be replaced at 360. 00 for the 2 parts plus labor, really a 2013 year car with under 25,000 miles on it.

- Westfield Center, OH, USA

Nov 132013

Taurus 6-cyl

While bringing my wife home from work, down a city street, she yelled out to me to watch out...deer! automatically, I looked to the right in people yards and wooded are, then left, only to find them just slight to my right form the center of our car. At this point I knew the brakes were in great shape. However these halogen projection headlights have a decent pattern, but are like having two candles. Why is it my 2006 Mercury montego had factory hid headlights and now 7 years later they went backwards, as other cars are now using led headlights" this was not the only time. The next time my wife noticed a person walking in the road, why who knows" except I am not happy with what I think is politics Ford is doing. These lighting system is so bad if I had the high beams on while driving with on coming traffic nobody blinks at me. (I know this should not be done for safety reasons, but I had to prove to myself that it's not just me due to the change over from hid to halogen lighting. Ps) today March 14 2014, I wrote thru the website planet feedback to the CEO of Ford over this issue. I already mentioned this on surveys Ford gave me when I purchased the auto, and mentioned it to the dealership.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA