2014 Ford Taurus body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Taurus:

2014 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Taurus

Was riding in back seat of this car when it was rear ended by a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. Taurus was stopped on highway, and hit squarely from behind. Both back seat drivers were severely bruised in lower back by latch bracket. The impact was not extreme. No air bags were deployed. I'd hate to be in back of that car if hit at full speed. It would seem likely that that bracket would produce severe lower back/tailbone injuries in a maximum speed rear impact. Of second note, I'm a mechanical engineer, I noted that the failure of the rear bumper frame tube was very brittle in its failure mode. I'd have thought the metal would have stretched and given more. It simply fractured at the brackets to the frame and snapped in half in the middle, allowing the trunk lid and fenders to take the brunt of the impact.

- Ramsey, MN, USA

Apr 022016

Taurus

Pulling into a parking spot at a store my 2014 Ford Taurus surged ahead. The car went across the parking stop and crashed into the front of the store. The front of the car was damaged and the front of the store was damaged. The weather was dry and about 70 degrees. I was going less than 5 mph at the time the car surged ahead. It was as if I had stomped on the gas but I had my foot on the brake. This vehicle has less than 10,000 miles on it. I assume it was some sort of problem with the throttle system. This happened in league city Texas and the police department case number is 16-1961. I had the vehicle towed to mcree Ford in dickenson Texas for repairs.

- La Porte, TX, USA