2014 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Taurus:

2014 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Apr 022016

Pulling into a parking spot at a store my 2014 Ford Taurus surged ahead. The car went across the parking stop and crashed into the front of the store. The front of the car was damaged and the front of the store was damaged. The weather was dry and about 70 degrees. I was going less than 5 mph at the time the car surged ahead. It was as if I had stomped on the gas but I had my foot on the brake. This vehicle has less than 10,000 miles on it. I assume it was some sort of problem with the throttle system. This happened in league city Texas and the police department case number is 16-1961. I had the vehicle towed to mcree Ford in dickenson Texas for repairs.

- La Porte, TX, USA

Sep 222015

When accelerating from a stop at a stop light the vehicle suddenly surged forward crashing into the car ahead. Conditions were dry and approximately 75 degrees. This is the first time encountering this issue.

- Castle Rock, CO, USA

Oct 212013

Taurus 6-cyl

When we come to a stop (not moving at all) and ease up on the brake the car moves forward. This has happened three times causing accidents. One time the car moved into the house causing damage to the car, garage door and knocking bricks off the front on the house. Two other times, at stop signs, the car moved forward and bumped into the car in front of us. I am afraid this will happen again causing more damage. Have you heard of this happening with other cars? this happens to both my husband and myself. We are not driving this car any different then we have any other car.

- Woodbury, MN, USA